Sunday, October 2, 2011

Expectance

Honestly, I don't know... should I even bother to do this?
The voice resonated and attracted my attention. I was standing in line, when I noticed poor wretch of the man, sitting on the chair, hands trembling and voice broken with oily self-pity. Everybody ignored him, but I somehow couldn't. When I finished the queue, I deposited all my money from inheritance to my account, praying that it will be safe and more useful there. Young female clerk winked at me... or maybe I was just too tired and started seeing flirtatious things all around me. I smiled in reply and went to the exit. Well, the man was still sobbing. I couldn't help myself. I asked him what's the matter.
I had great planes, high ambitions. I was once very young like you, full of vitality. And now, what of it? I just didn't have the guts to fulfil my long awaited dream.
Well I asked him why he went here and make a public disgrace of himself?
His reply sounded bitter: Because, my friend, I wanted to fulfill my dream, but just couldn't. I wanted to do it here.
I thought, well he needs money. He wants to withdraw it, but just doesn't see the point in it. He's older than anybody I have seen and thinks to himself, what is the point? I can take all my money out of the bank and go to the holiday at the golden beaches of Côte d'Azur, or go wrestling with the unforgiving clock of the age anywhere else. But why?
The motivation speaker in me rose to my mind and took control: Well, don't be afraid old-timer! There is never too late to enjoy the money. Sure, you have the best years of life in the trash can, but everybody needs vacation from the time to time. I say, go for it! No matter what it is, I said with the smile.
The guy apparently warmed up and stopped looked so grim and depressed. I was fascinated by it. Such a 360° degree turnabout is always a sight to see. He looked up to me and said: Thank you, that really helped me. Really, I don't know why I was in doubt. Thank you, really.
No problem, we all need sometimes a little motivation. Remember, your expectance sometimes wants to kill your motivation. You mustn't always see the dark fate in front of you. Expect something good of the life."
I left the bank and the depressed retiree alone to his fortunes.
Then the old man stood up and shouted:
This is a robbery! Everybody on the ground!

No comments:

Post a Comment