Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Strength

"You are a painful lady, you know that"? I asked her one last time before she pointed a loaded gun between my eyes.

"Of course I know that," she replied, "and you, being a clever guy, should notice that from the beginning. The predators prey on the weak, it is hidden deep inside theirs horrifying names. You had several chances to show that you are hunter, however, each of those occasions have been marred by your sentiment and need for emotions. At the end of the day - was it really worth it?" Her face was more serious now, the gun still firmly gripped and pointing inside my third eye. I was trying to gain some time. My hands were firmly bonded with hemp ropes. In a cliché movie fashion, there was a sharp rock growing from the wall, which could allow me to escape from this sticky situation.

"Well there are many types of strength, you know that, my dear?" My voice was shaking like a boat inside the storm.

"Stop calling me 'dear'. Of course there are many types of the strength. You could say, that even ability to withstand a great emotion is a strength. Or ability to sacrifice one's life. However, how good is a strength if you are dead?" She licked her lips and I noticed that she is about to end this. It was a time for a triumph card, or else I am done for.

"Even the strongest hunters eventually die. Physical strength is important, however, it will not grant you immortality. Only those who are balanced in mental, physical and spiritual strength are champions of this play of life."

She became irritated and she shot. I became the embodiment of the fear and pulled the ropes with all my strength, forcing my body down on the ground. I could not tell you how I managed to free myself from those ropes, but the imminent danger forced my muscles to kill my mind. And then I took her by surprise.

No comments:

Post a Comment