Thursday, September 29, 2011

Anxiety

It will poison your mind. Don't take this drug, believe me. Well, are you asking me how to avoid this? I can tell you about the antidote... wait, shut up. I know many others have recommended you a lot of questionable remedies for that feeling around the gut... or heart, if you're the poetic kind of guy.
So let's make a deal, you will hear what I have to say and then I wanna hear what you think about it? Okey? Fine. It's not like you have anything else to do.
You see, there are two dramatic ways how to deal with almost any negative emotion. Not just the good old stress and anxiety. The first one is to deny it. My friend, it is one of the worst way how to deal with it. Denial is a long road to the overload. Trust me, I've been there. There are also smug advocates, Buddhist hipsters who will tell you that acceptance is the best way to the anxiety management. Let me tell you this, they are a lot of closer. Accepting however is but a part of the method. By realizing that you have a problem you can continue in this pursuit. The basic thing to do, older than any of the stuff I am telling you, is not to identify with the pain. It all depends on how much will you build your life around your intense feelings. There are cool dudes, always with the flow and then there are angry Napoleons. The way I see it, both of these guys can manage their feelings. Stoic people tend to be sarcastic and aggressive ones are quick to react. But they are actually transforming their emotions into something another... I call this emotional alchemy. In the process they can hurt the innocent. So enough of this long talk, what to do? You know what I do when I am naked before the public and see that anxiety is bubbling inside me? I say to my fears simple hi. Hello, my old friend, I haven't seen you for quite a while. Come, sit down, have a tea with me. This lord of the stressful state is actually really shy. When you show him appreciation, he will flee in terror. Don't believe me? That's okay. Everyone is different. Just give it a shot. And say hi to your anxiety for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment